The Noodle® AFO
Advanced Carbon Fiber Brace
← Posterior Cuff with Strap-eezz
← Flexible "Noodle" Carbon Fiber Strut
↓ Flexible Carbon Fiber Foot Plate
Unique Features of The Noodle® AFO:
- Patented carbon fiber composite design that is more flexible than standard carbon fiber AFO's to optimize mobility
- Fusion - Kinetic Research's patent pending process that provides unique product flexibility which is ideal for patients with mild to moderate foot drop
- Posterior shell design with energy storing carbon fiber composite dynamic lateral strut and footplate to effectively treat foot drop
The Noodle® AFO is designed to:
- Control drop foot and assist with correct heel strike with gait
- Accommodate plantar flexion tone with variable flexibility foot plate
- Facilitate heel to toe weight transfer with weight bearing
- Provide flex-assist at toe-off to increase ankle power at push off
- Provide a swing assist during the swing phase of gait
- Encourage knee flexion with improved ankle / foot biomechanics
- Improve gait efficiency
Indications for The Noodle® AFO:
- Simple foot drop with functional plantar flexion strength
- Knee hyperextension control
- Mild achilles tendon tightness - equinavarus
From the Inventor
"The Noodle® AFO with its patented carbon fiber composite design offers a combination of strength, durability and dynamic flexibility that is not available in other products. If you are a clinician or a user looking for a superior AFO then try The Noodle®."
--- Wade Bader, CPO, President of Kinetic Research
For Medicare Patients
For the Off-the-Shelf Noodle only, the Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding Contractor (PDAC) has determined that the code used when billing Medicare is HCPCS L1930.
Off-the-Shelf suggested retail price: $895
Kinetic Research products are only available from qualified healthcare professionals.
From Heel-Strike to Toeoff
The Noodle® carbon fiber composite ankle foot orthosis is a lightweight yet extremely durable AFO. It is ideal for users with varying degrees of foot drop who would benefit from a dynamic energy storing AFO to improve gait. The flexible footplate and flexible strut facilitate a more natural gait than more rigid carbon fiber AFO's.
The Noodle® AFO provides gait assistance by controlling plantar flexion and reducing energy consumption with dynamic dorsi flexion and improved loading response.
Handcrafted Carbon Fiber AFO Brace
The Noodle® is handcrafted by expert technicians skilled in carbon fiber composite fabrication. This allows for a custom precision fit that optimizes performance and efficacy. The Noodle® is available in either Off-the-Shelf, Build-to-Order or Custom-from-Cast models.
Off-the-Shelf Standard Size Models
The Noodle® is available Off-the-Shelf with either a pre-cut footplate or an oversize footplate. The oversize footplate can be cut to exact fit by the practitioner.
New Sizing as of August 2012
The Noodle® with Pre-Cut Footplate
The Noodle® with Oversize Footplate
If you are not sure which Off-the-Shelf model is the proper size then fill out the order form below and Kinetic Research will determine the optimimum size.
Build-to-Order models offer custom features without having to cast. Build-to-Order specifications include:
- Cuff height and foot plate length variations
- Strut variation from flexible to extra-stiff
- Foot plate variation from flexible to extra-stiff
- Colors or user supplied fabric
For difficult to fit users The Noodle Custom-from-Cast is the superior carbon fiber AFO brace.